Friday, September 19, 2014

Transformation and Correction of Sentences

Transformation and Correction of Sentences

1. Save birds or destroy the environment. (Make it a complex sentence)
Answer: If you don't save the birds, you will destroy the environment. or You will destroy the environment if you don't save the birds. 

2.(a) The Padma is one of the biggest rivers in Bangladesh. (b) The Padma is one of the biggest rivers of Bangladesh.
Answer: There is no difference in meaning. In this context "in Bangladesh" is more commonly used, and "of Bangladesh" sounds rather old-fashioned.

Md. Saiful Alam
B. A. Honours and M. A. in English
My affectionate Readers,
Please, never hesitate to comment and any correction or suggestion regarding my writings will be largely appreciated and valued and you can ask me any grammatical questions regarding English. I promise I would try my level best to assist you, all. Thank you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leisure -- by W. H. Davies

Learn English with fun! Leisure — W. H. Davies What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare. No time to stand bene...